CDygert Solutions brings over twenty years of experience working with vendors to negotiate large e-journal and other STEM contracts, with a proven track record of securing some of the most favorable contract terms in the country. CDygert Solutions can help your library or consortium do the same. We adhere to the principled negotiation methodologies as developed by the Harvard Negotiation Project and detailed in the book, Getting to Yes, and we employ these systematically with great success.
CDygert Solutions provide a variety of services to libraries seeking to establish strong vendor relations, and lower the cost of library contracts through effective negotiation techniques. These services can be customized to meet your needs.
Services in this area include:
- Development of a negotiation strategy and annual plan to reduce the cost of library materials.
- Training to empower staff to employ simple and effective negotiating techniques, and to work confidently with vendors.
- Coaching throughout a library or consortium’s negotiation process.
- Negotiation of contracts on the library or consortium’s behalf, with delivery of a signature-ready license agreement to the client.
- Development of licensing best practices for your library or consortium.
- On-site training tailored to meet the needs of your library or consortium. Staff will learn the skills and techniques to work effectively and confidently with vendors in order to get the best deals.
In addition to on-site training, we periodically give the workshop, Building Your Licensing and Negotiation Skills Toolbox, around the country. Contact us if you would like to schedule a workshop for your organization or association meeting.